Thursday 29 August 2013
Fiji is well advanced on disease transition, with non-communicable diseases (NCDs) now the main cause of death. This paper uses a newly developed tool to describe and assess Fiji's health system response to NCDs.
Monday 13 May 2013
Over the past three years, the Health Policy and Health Finance Hub has collaborated with the World Bank Institute (WBI) and the Harvard School of Public Health to develop a world-class training program to strengthen cohesively health systems and policy making capacities across the Pacific region. Piloted in Fiji in June 2010, the WBI’s Flagship Program on Health Sector Reform and Sustainable Financing aims to give health officials a conceptual framework for analysing the performance of their health systems and for identifying the tools, policies and financing options that best meet their needs.
Tuesday 13 November 2012
This working paper explores how much of health sector spending in Pacific Island countries comes from donors and how this relates to the health agenda.
Saturday 20 October 2012
WP21Development assistance in health - how much, where does it go and what more do health planners need to know?
What role does development assistance for health play in setting public health agendas?
Thursday 01 December 2011
Policy-makers need data on preferences of health service providers and clients to build stronger health systems. How can discrete choice experiments be used to collect this data?
- Flagship course on health systems strengthening and health financing - August 2012
- Technical review meeting - October 2011
- Visit by Barbara McPake - October 2011
- The Australian Association for the Advancement of Pacific Studies conference - September 2011
- Flagship Course on health systems strengthening and health financing - August 2011
- Flagship Course on health systems strengthening and health financing - August 2010