Increasing levels of development assistance for health and growth in the number of actors in the Solomon Islands health sector have raised concern about the effectiveness of aid delivery.
A coordinated sector-wide approach is essential to improving the capacity and efficiency of the health system to meet the increasingly complex health needs of Solomon Islanders.
Thursday 01 December 2011
Policy-makers need data on preferences of health service providers and clients to build stronger health systems. How can discrete choice experiments be used to collect this data?
Thursday 01 September 2011
WP11Global health initiatives and health systems: a commentary on current debates and future challenges
Global health initiatives have considerably boosted funding for health programs, but how they interact with national health systems isn’t always positive.
Monday 01 November 2010
There are many types of approaches to health involving the whole sector, but what features are relevant to exploring a sector-wide approach for the Solomon Islands?
Tuesday 01 June 2010
How does information collected through extensive research come to shape policy dialogue on health systems?
Saturday 20 March 2010
What lessons can be drawn from Samoa and the Solomon Islands on sector-wide approaches?
- Flagship course on health systems strengthening and health financing - August 2012
- Technical review meeting - October 2011
- Visit by Barbara McPake - October 2011
- The Australian Association for the Advancement of Pacific Studies conference - September 2011
- Flagship Course on health systems strengthening and health financing - August 2011
- Flagship Course on health systems strengthening and health financing - August 2010